Sunday, June 29, 2008

I went to CKC in Ft. Lauderdale last Saturday and I had so much fun. I went with my Quilting/Scrapping friend Lisa and her friend now my friend Vicki. Vicki also brought her two nieces so we had a table just for us. It was a much smaller crowed this year so they let us in one hour early. We ordered from Papa John, thanks to my organizational skills, and scrapped till it was time to go. I completed 10 pages. There were fewer vendors but that worked out for me since I was on a budget as usual. I had three classes, Fun with Cards (I learned to stamp with bleach and stamp with chalk and Versamark), Stamp Happy (OK, didn’t learn anything I didn’t already know) and Stretch Your Supplies (OK, I learned that you can put rubon on flowers). It’s like quilting for me, once I know the basics, that’s all you really need unless you’re doing something super complicated. I think next year, if they come back, I will just shop, do make and take and do the crop. It was a great day.

I signed up for the Saturday, July 26th crop at Scrapbook Central. Lisa won’t be able to make it so I’ll be by myself. I’m already getting my prep work done. I can make cards at home by myself but for some reason I’m much more productive at a crop. I think it’s because I’m obsessed with the prep work. I need a life. I only went once to Scrapbook Central but I love scrapping where I can buy what I need.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Damaris said...

I know what you mean about just going shopping next year...my girls went and told me the same thing...I was kinda feeling that as of last year. So I passed this year and helped my little girl study. Ooohhh, I love Scrap Central too. Don't you worry about being alone for that crop, you can hang with us girls. Let's make sure you sit with or close to us..he, haa,ha.
HUGS