Sunday, September 2, 2012

Creative Week

Welcome September. The beginning of a great season and my birthday month. This year I turn 49. Yikes! I have lots of plans and many goals before I turn 50, double Yikes!!
 
Last Mother's Day my sister Cheeky rented a condo on the beach. She said that she took it from my mom's bucket list that she created for her. So happy she did. Anyway, we had a great time and she did too. We took lots of pictures but the picture we all hold most dear today is the picture of her looking towards the beach.
 
 
We used that picture for the memorial card and behind it was the poem Remember Me by Joey Beighley
 
Fill not your heart with pain and sorrow,
but remember me in every tomorrow.
Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles,
I've only gone to rest a little while.

Although my leaving causes pain and grief,
my going has eased my hurt and given me relief.

So dry your eyes and remember me
not as I am now, but as I use to be.

Because I will remember you all and look on with a smile,
Understand, in your hearts, I've only gone to rest a little while.
As long as I have the love of each of you,
I can live my life in the hearts of all of you.
      


Cheeky collected sand and shells and put them in a vase for mom which she had on her night stand.  After the funeral, while sorting through her stuff I came across the vase and cried. But it was a good cry. Looking at the sand and shells gave me such a good feeling and of course I thought of my sisters and brother and wanted them to feel it too. Inspired by a pin on Pinterest  I gathered 6 mason jars and prayed that I had enough sand and shells to make 6 and I did. I put a memorial card in each and tied it with some twine. With the exception of my brother, still have his box to mail, we all have our Mami Sand Globe in a special place.
 
 
thank you cards
 
 
I made this invite for a my co worker's baby shower
 
Cake by Chris inspired by the above invite
 
diaper cake by me

mini album/card with gift card
 
quilt for my nephew Cameron

mini album for Cameron
my monkey having breakfast in the patio this morning

Have a blessed week

No comments: