Monday, April 23, 2012

Week in the Life - Day One

I can't believe I almost forgot. I didn't get any pics of my day.  See this post for explanation of Week in the Life.

My life right now is not my own. I don't have many choices and very little control. But its not about me, my mom is facing death and its more about the rest of her life. 

For those of you who know me, you know that it's complicated.  But God's plan is not; it's simple. I am spending more time with my mom now than I have in the past 15 years.  Not just because she lives in Florida but because it's where I need to be; for her and for me.  I'm feeling things I haven't felt in a long time.  The emotions are high and low like a roller coaster out of control. I'm holding on real tight but sometimes it feels like I'm loosing my grip.

OK that's too much info but it's the good, the bad and the ugly. Welcome to a Week in my Life.

These pics pretty much sum up most nights in our house.  
While my mother is loosing her battle with cancer, my sister Veronica will soon be blessing us with another of God's beautiful creatures.  She is dilating and effacing as I type.

1 comment:

Keelnanakeel@aol.com said...

Oh Maritza, I love your start to a week in the life. You really have bared your true self and I love that. I am praying for you and your Mom as well as your sister and the new baby. Keep strong and remember you are loved by many .